LNWR - View Our New Website
(LNWR) was founded in 1993 by music producer, entrepreneur and rail enthusiast Pete Waterman.1996 saw LNWR commence trading by providing locomotive maintenance services to specialist and charter train operators. Since then the company has grown spectacularly developing a range of skills and services to meet the needs of our industry.
Brief History of LNWR:
|Brief History of LNWR:
- 1999 Maintained coaches for First North Western, our first work for timetabled passenger services, leading to DMU servicing for both FNW and ATW.
- 2001 Freightliner class 47 locomotive B exams and container flat wagon PPM and general repair.
- 2004 Maintenance of Freightliner's Class 66 locomotive fleet, built a new depot at Leeds to accommodate the work
- 2004 installation of a tandem Sculfort ground wheel lathe in dedicated building at Crewe
- 2005 servicing and maintenance work for Bombardier on Virgin Voyager DEMU trains
- 2005 contract to provide overnight servicing for Siemens Class 350 Desiro trains
- 2007 contract for full maintenance responsibility for the Freightliner Class 86 & 90 AC locomotive fleet
- 2007 new £3M train servicing facility with capacity for servicing of 20 vehicles simultaneously.
- 2008 LNWR acquired by Arriva plc
- 2009 1st overhaul contract from Angel Trains (Class 153 C6)
- 2010 major overhaul and refurbishment contract from Angel Trains (Class 158 C6 & refurbishment)
- 2011 Acquired the passenger servicing operations of Axiom Rail 2011 Grand Central HST Mk.3 C4 overhaul Contract