London & North Western Railway Co. Ltd. (LNWR) operates throughout the UK from five strategic locations - Crewe, Bristol, Eastleigh, Cambridge and Tyne Yard. LNWR operates as an independent stand-alone business within Arriva UK Trains . Arriva UK Trains is a division of Arriva plc which is owned by Deutsche Bahn (DB)
With a direct connection to the West Coast Mainline, our Crewe headquarters and depot, offers an unparalleled location for train servicing, maintenance and overhaul, providing one of the largest maintenance facilities available staffed by a versatile and professional workforce. Our four other depots offer various complimentary and overlapping services and are conveniently located around the UK.
With a proven track record of high quality maintenance on all forms of locomotives, rolling stock and track plant, LNWR is committed to continuous improvement of our services to meet customer demands.
|Key LNWR Statistics
- Operates from 5 strategic locations across the UK
- Directly employs 200 staff
- Workshop space for more than 70 vehicles
- Heavy lifting facilities for Locomotives and Rolling Stock
- Facility for vehicle overhaul and refurbishment at Crewe, Eastleigh & Bristol
- High quality vehicle re-paint including corrosion repairs
- Overhead lifting and roof access facilities
- Fuelling and overnight servicing facilities at all 5 depots
- Extensive servicing facilities
- Tandem Wheel Lathe at Crewe
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and all Non-destructive testing (NDT)