LNWR offer services for complete internal and external refurbishment of Passenger Rolling Stock, aiming for minimal disruption to stock availability throughout the renovation period and ensuring that the finished rolling stock meets customer requirements.
View the Class 158 Overhaul and Refurbishment Case Study- Click Here >
|Class 158 Refurbishment and Overhaul scope:
- Complete interior refurbishment
- Refurbishment and improvement of toilets
- Technical Specification for Interoperability for Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRM TSI) compliance
- Passenger information system (PIS)
- At-seat power supply
- Low energy lighting
- Door system modifications
- Door leaf replacement
- Cab air-conditioning
- Bicycle racks
- New saloon seats and lay-out including tip-up seating
- C6 overhaul
- Corrosion repairs
- Exterior repaint
- All engineering design, support, compliance and approvals
Uniquely this overhaul was carried out on each two-car unit in only 15 days significantly reducing the pressure on fleet availability for the train operator The specification for the refurbishment was developed in close collaboration with the train operator and leasing company and included liaison with other stake-holders such as passenger representatives. The result - A complete, high quality refurbishment inside and out with minimal disruption.
Click here to see the time-lapse video
Projects such as this are managed in-house by LNWR's heavy maintenance team. Using LNWR's Project Management Model enables the team to deliver high quality output, on time with excellent engagement with the customer.